Reference Code: SE06 | Thessaloniki, Greece
Systems Engineers at interworks.cloud have a clear goal, to design, deploy, run, protect, and provide for the software and systems behind all of interworks.cloud public services such as Cloud Platform, Cloud Servers, Cloud Data Center, Cloud Backup, Cloud Databases – with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity.
As a part of interworks.cloud team of Systems Engineers, you will work on a high variety and scale system design and troubleshooting, and be fluent in systems programming and/or automation. You will have a desire to tackle the complex problems and to integrate 3rd party services using a scale-ready model. Familiarity with running production environments at scale is crucial in this job along with an in-depth understanding of Operating Systems internals and networking that are running in a virtualized environment.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build and document automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Design, write and deliver code (scripting) to improve the monitoring, availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of interworks.cloud services. Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Engage & communicate with customers in order to solve complex problems. Install, test & configure 3rd party Cloud Solutions that will be a part of interwokrs.cloud services.
- Be a member on a periodic on call duties using a flexible model.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in one or more of: Python or scripting experience in Shell or PowerShell.
- Experience in Microsoft Server Operating Systems with experience working with virtualization technologies using Hyper-V Clusters.
- Networking: experience with network theory and practice e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, VoiP etc., MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing.
- Cloud: experience with cloud technology stack e.g. Software-Defined Data Center, Software-Defined Networking and Software-Defined Storage.
- Basic knowledge of Linux Operating Systems.
- Ability to automate tasks and create useful checks for the system using scripting languages such as python, shell script, powershell in order to create proactive mechanism.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft operating systems that running a virtualized environment.
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis.
- Self-motivated personality using systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, drive and focus on automation.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting e-mail services.
- Experience with MS SQL & MySQL. Experience with VMware ESXI Clusters.
- Experience with VoiP Technologies running on the Cloud.
- Solid understand of configuration management technologies such as ansible and dsc.
- Experience with Grafana, Sensu, InfluxDB.
Our Scope Behind every service that our users are using, is a technical team that has designed the systems architecrue in order to run and be available 24×7 . We are proud to be part of the interworks.cloud team and enable every day new services that enriches our Cloud. We are always on call to keep our systems up & running, ensuring our users have the best experienece in the Cloud.
What We offer
- A competitive remuneration package Working from home option
- A challenging and fun to work in environment with excellent coffee flavors all day long
- Opportunities for knowledge growth through continuous training programs
- Professional experience in the international IT sector Private insurance programs
- Only compatible Interworkers will be contacted for interview.
If you feel you are a great fit, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using SE06 as a reference code.
We will love hearing from you!