How to Grow Your Business Beyond the Microsoft CSP Program
28/06/2022 | Blog
Joining the Microsoft CSP program can be very profitable for an organization that wants to expand its cloud services offering. It provides an increase in customer engagement and flexibility. However, it is not the only way to grow your business. In this article, we explore how you can enroll in the program, as well as some requirements and alternatives.
Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider Program (CSP) is a Microsoft initiative that enables partners to manage their cloud customer lifecycle. The program includes dedicated built-in tools to provision, manage, and support customers’ subscriptions and services. As a partner, you can bundle your products and services into a monthly or annual customer bill, therefore efficiently managing customer relationships.
There are two versions of the CSP program: direct and indirect.
Tier 1: Direct channel: In this tier, Microsoft delivers to a CSP direct partner, who in return delivers services to their customers.
Tier 2: Indirect channel: In this case, Microsoft delivers services to a CSP Indirect Provider, who in turn delivers to CSP Indirect Resellers and Unmanaged Resellers, who deliver the services to their customers.
How to join the Microsoft CSP program
To enroll in the Cloud Solution Provider Program, you must first join the Microsoft Partner Network and follow the steps below:
- Complete the CSP application with your company’s MPN ID, business address, bank information, and the work email of your staff contact with the Partner Center.
- Sign in to the Partner Center dashboard and associate your MPN ID to your profile according to your location.
- Create your partner profile and allow verification. Microsoft will verify your company information.
Remember, if you’re enrolling as an indirect reseller, you won’t be billed directly from Microsoft but through distributors.
There are some advantages of registering as an indirect seller. For instance, you don’t need to invest in infrastructure and you can benefit from the experience of a seasoned technology provider. The provider buys the cloud solutions and services from Microsoft and you deploy and support the products. Your distributor gives you the support you need to market your products and grow your business.
If you choose to enroll as a CSP direct-bill partner, you are responsible for the end-to-end relationship with your customers and with Microsoft, and there are some requirements to meet.
Here are some of the minimum requirements:
- You need to be an active member of the Microsoft Partner Program for at least 12 months and have a Microsoft Partner Network ID.
- You need to be able to provide cloud support to your customers. To buy a support plan, Microsoft requires you to pass a credit check.
- There is aminimum annual revenue requirementof at least $300,000 in the 12 preceding months as an indirect reseller.
- You should provide at least one managed service.
It is a great time for Microsoft Partners to become Microsoft Cloud Solution providers. The market is growing and it’s a good opportunity to increase your revenue. One of the key elements for success is choosing the right billing platform. Here are some factors to look for in a CSP platform:
- Advanced features: For instance, multiple pricing options and automated invoicing, collection, and payments. You should also look for a solution that enables you to easily manage discounts.
- Scalability: The right platform will allow you to scale and grow your business as needed. interworks.cloud, for example, automatically calculates the changes in cost and selling price for your different offers.
- Efficient onboarding: When you choose to work with a platform that offers a good onboarding service, you can make the most of it. Choose a solution that offers integration support and training so you can use it effectively to increase your ROI.
- Multiple billing and taxation models: This should include multiple payment options and cover different currencies and taxation models.
- Easy integration: The best platform should integrate with your existing systems. Choose a billing platform that syncs with the solutions you may have in place, streamlining workflows and saving costs.
Even with all its benefits, the Microsoft CSP program might not be for everyone. Some organizations may benefit from alternatives like the Acronis Cyber Cloud. interworks.cloud offers this integration to increase the value offering and expand client growth. Our integration with Acronis Cyber Cloud delivers advanced security features such as ransomware protection and disaster recovery from a single dashboard.
interworks.cloud users can also leverage the Adobe VIP MP, managing sales of Adobe Enterprise Products with the peace of mind of billing and sales automation. By doing this, they can offer a smooth customer journey, increasing their value offer and enriching their portfolio.
With interworks.cloud, you can leverage a complete suite of offerings to grow your business, inside and outside the Microsoft CSP program. Learn more about how interworks.cloud helps grow your business by booking a demo.
If you found this article helpful, please go ahead and share it with your peers on social media.